Codes and Frequencies
ASSOCBD5 indicates whether the respondent is a member of ASA (Association for Social Advancement), a microfinance NGO. This variable is country-specific to Bangladesh.
Apart from universe differences, ASSOCBD5 is largely comparable across samples.
The 2004 Bangladesh survey includes "ASA" as a write-in response. The 2007, 2011, and 2014 Bangladesh surveys ask about membership of "ASHA."
Comparability - Standard DHS
ASSOCBD5 is a country-specific variable, and it is not included in any phase of the standard DHS questionnaire.
- Bangladesh 1997: Ever-married women age 10-49.
- Bangladesh 2004: Ever-married women age 10-49.
- Bangladesh 2007: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Bangladesh 2011: Ever-married women age 12-49.
- Bangladesh 2014: Ever-married women age 15-49.