Codes and Frequencies
DHS_IPUMSI_ ZW provides geographic codes for Zimbabwe that match those in the DHS and IPUMS-International databases. This variable can be used to link contextual area data from IPUMS-DHS to IPUMS-International or vice versa. The codes in DHS_IPUMSI_ZW indicate the major administrative unit in which the household was enumerated or surveyed.
GIS shapefiles for Zimbabwe can be downloaded here.
The units in DHS_IPUMSI_ZW are harmonized across DHS and IPUMS-International samples to account for changing boundaries in the major administrative level of geography. The time span for DHS samples are 1994 to 2015 and corresponds to the census samples from 2012 in IPUMS-International.
- Zimbabwe 1994: All women age 15-49.
- Zimbabwe 1999: All women age 15-49.
- Zimbabwe 2005: All women age 15-49.
- Zimbabwe 2010: All women age 15-49.
- Zimbabwe 2015: All women age 15-49.