Codes and Frequencies
DIABETESDIAG indicates whether the respondent has ever been diagnosed with diabetes.
Comparability — Index
Apart from universe differences and slight differences in question wording, DIABETESDIAG has no comparability problems.
Comparability - Standard DHS
DIABETESDIAG is a country-specific variable, and it is not included in any phase of the standard DHS questionnaire.
Comparability — Mali [top]
The 2018 Mali survey asks if the female respondent has ever been told that she has high levels of blood sugar or diabetes by a doctor or other health care professional.
- Benin 2011: Women age 15-49 in households not selected for hemoglobin testing.
- Benin 2017: Women age 15-49 in households selected for the men's survey.
- Burundi 2016: Women age 15-49 who have diabetes.
- Cameroon 2018: All women age 15-49.
- Kenya 2014: Women age 15-49 in households selected for the male survey.
- Lesotho 2009: Women age 15-49 who have heard of diabetes.
- Lesotho 2014: Women age 15-49 who have heard of diabetes.
- Mali 2018: All women age 15-49.
- South Africa 2016: Women age 15-49 in households selected for the adult health questionnaire.
- Zambia 2018: All women age 15-49.