Codes and Frequencies
GEO_JO1990_2017 (which excludes the 1997 and 2002 Jordan samples) reports the region of Jordan where the respondent was interviewed. These regions are equivalent to groups of governorates and have consistent boundaries across samples.
Each sample year for Jordan has its own sample-specific geography variable. Other integrated variables for Jordan that provide spatially consistent units over time include GEO_ JO1997_2017 (with three broad regions identified) and GEO_JO2007_2017 (with individual governorates identified).
An integrated GIS map (in shapefile format) for Jordan, using the units in GEO_JO1990_2017, can be downloaded here.
- Jordan 1990: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Jordan 2007: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Jordan 2009: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Jordan 2012: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Jordan 2017: Ever-married women age 15-49.