Codes and Frequencies
GEO_ ML1995_2018 reports the region of Mali where the respondent was interviewed. The variable is integrated to yield units with consistent boundaries across samples.
Labels identify the modern geographic units (regions) contained in each integrated region. Each sample also has its own non-integrated geography variable. All Mali samples have greater geographic detail available in their sample-specific variables. An additional integrated variable, GEO_ML1987_2018, includes the 1987 Mali sample and contains less geographic detail (grouped regions).
An integrated GIS map (in shapefile format) for Mali can be downloaded here.
- Mali 1995: All women age 15-49.
- Mali 2001: All women age 15-49.
- Mali 2006: All women age 15-49.
- Mali 2012: All women age 15-49.
- Mali 2018: All women age 15-49.