Codes and Frequencies
HLCENTERGO indicates whether the respondent goes to a health center or hospital alone or with her young children.
Along with universe differences, HLCENTERGO differs across samples in the number of response categories. Most notably, while all samples include as affirmative responses "Yes, alone," and "Yes, with children," others include additional answers such as "Yes, with husband" and "Yes, with relatives" that might have been treated as "no" or "other" in some surveys.
To maximize comparability, IPUMS-DHS uses composite coding for this HLCENTERGO. Responses other than "yes, alone," and "yes, with children" share a first digit of 3, with additional detail preserved in the second digit.
Comparability - Standard DHS
HLCENTERGO is a country-specific variable, and it is not included in any phase of the standard DHS questionnaire.
- Bangladesh 1997: Currently-married women age 10-49.
- Bangladesh 2000: Ever-married women age 10-49.
- Bangladesh 2004: Ever-married women age 10-49.
- Bangladesh 2007: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Bangladesh 2011: Ever-married women age 12-49.
- Bangladesh 2014: Ever-married women age 15-49.