Codes and Frequencies
HOMESTEAD indicates whether the household owns any homestead, either where members currently reside or in some other place. The term "homestead" generally refers to a house (most often a farmhouse), outbuildings, and the land on which these buildings are located.
The information in HOMESTEAD is taken from the household record and applies to regular household residents, not temporary visitors. Researchers may wish to exclude visitors using the RESIDENT variable (with visitors coded "2") when women, children, or births are the unit of analysis, and using the HHRESIDENT variable when household members are the unit of analysis.
- Bangladesh 2000: Ever-married women age 10-49.
- Bangladesh 2004: Ever-married women age 10-49.
- Bangladesh 2007: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Bangladesh 2011: Ever-married women age 12-49.
- Bangladesh 2014: Ever-married women age 15-49.