Codes and Frequencies
MOBPHONENUM reports the number of mobile phones owned by the household.
The related variable MOBPHONE indicates whether the household has a mobile phone.
Apart from universe differences, MOBPHONENUM is comparable across samples.
The information in MOBPHONENUM is taken from the household record and applies to household residents. Researchers may wish to exclude visitors (code "2") using:
HHRESIDENT variable when household members are the unit of analysis
RESIDENTMN variable when men are the unit of analysis.
MOBPHONENUM is a country-specific household variable not included in the standard DHS questionnaire.
- Benin 2006: All women age 15-49.
- Jordan 2002: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Jordan 2007: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Jordan 2009: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Jordan 2012: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Jordan 2017: Ever-married women age 15-49.