Codes and Frequencies
TBSYMPCHEST indicates whether the woman reported, in response to an open-ended question, that chest pain was a symptom of tuberculosis.
Comparability — Index
Apart from universe differences and slight differences in question wording, TBSYMPCHEST is largely comparable across samples.
Comparability - Standard DHS
TBSYMPCHEST, and other responses on signs or symptoms of tuberculosis, were part of a country-specific question not included on the standard DHS questionnaire.
Comparability — Lesotho [top]
The 2004, 2009, and 2014 Lesotho surveys include "Pain in chest or back" [emphasis added] as a response category.
- Ethiopia 2011: All women age 15-49.
- Lesotho 2004: All women age 15-49.
- Lesotho 2009: All women age 15-49.
- Lesotho 2014: All women age 15-49.
- Namibia 2013: All women age 15-49.
- Nepal 2016: All women age 15-49.
- Nigeria 2008: All women age 15-49.