Codes and Frequencies
GEO_CD2007_2013 indicates the region of Congo Democratic Republic where the respondent was interviewed. DHS units in GEO_CD2007_2013 are equivalent to old provinces prevalent until 2011.
Each sample also has its own sample specific geography variable. New provinces are available in the GEOALT_CD2013 variable.
An integrated GIS map (in shapefile format) for Congo Democratic Republic can be downloaded here.
New provinces were created from the following provinces.
- Kwango, Kwilu, Mai-Ndombe created from Bandundu
- Equateur, Mongala, Nord-Ubangi, Sud-Ubangi, Tshuapa created from Equateur
- Kasai, Kasai-Central created from Kasa? Occidental
- Kasa? Oriental, Lomami, Sankuru created from Kasa? Oriental
- Haut-Katanga, Haut-Lomami, Lualaba, Tanganyka created from Katanga
- Bas-Uele, Haut-Uele, Ituri, Tshopo created from Orientale
- Congo (Democratic Republic) 2007: All women age 15-49.
- Congo (Democratic Republic) 2013: All women age 15-49.