Codes and Frequencies
GEO_ MW1992_2016 indicates the region of Malawi where the respondent was interviewed. The variable is integrated to yield units with consistent boundaries across samples.
Labels identify the modern geographic units (regions) contained in each integrated region. Each sample also has its own non-integrated geography variable. An additional integrated variable, GEOALT_MW2010_2016, does not include the 1992, 2000, or 2004 Malawi samples but contains greater geographic detail (districts).
An integrated GIS map (in shapefile format) for Malawi can be downloaded here.
- Malawi 1992: All women age 15-49.
- Malawi 2000: All women age 15-49.
- Malawi 2004: All women age 15-49.
- Malawi 2010: All women age 15-49.
- Malawi 2016: All women age 15-49.