Codes and Frequencies
GEOALT_CD2013 indicates the region of Congo Democratic Republic where the respondent was interviewed. DHS units in the 2013 Congo Democratic Republic survey are equivalent to the new provinces.
Other sample years have their own sample-specific geography variables. The 2013 sample also has another sample specific variable, GEO_CD2013 indicating old provinces of Congo Democratic Republic. There is an integrated variable, GEO_CD2007_2013, that provides spatially consistent units over time.
A GIS map for GEOALT_CD2013 (in shapefile format) can be downloaded from the DHS Program Spatial Data Repository Boundaries page.
New provinces in GEOALT_CD2013 were created from the following provinces.
- Kwango, Kwilu, Mai-Ndombe created from Bandundu
- Equateur, Mongala, Nord-Ubangi, Sud-Ubangi, Tshuapa created from Equateur
- Kasai, Kasai-Central created from Kasaï Occidental
- Kasaï Oriental, Lomami, Sankuru created from Kasaï Oriental
- Haut-Katanga, Haut-Lomami, Lualaba, Tanganyka created from Katanga
- Bas-Uele, Haut-Uele, Ituri, Tshopo created from Orientale
- Congo (Democratic Republic) 2013: All women age 15-49.