Codes and Frequencies
BOATNOMOTOR indicates whether any member of the household owned a boat without a motor.
The complementary variable BOATWMOTOR indicates ownership of a boat with a motor.
Apart from universe differences and slight differences in question wording, BOATNOMOTOR is comparable across samples.
The information in BOATNOMOTOR is taken from the household record, linked to the record of the woman respondent. This information applies to household residents, not temporary visitors, so researchers may wish to exclude visitors using the RESIDENT variable (with visitors coded "2").
Comparability - Standard DHS
BOATNOMOTOR is a country-specific variable not included in the standard DHS household questionnaire.
- Ethiopia 2005: All women age 15-49.
- Myanmar 2015: All women age 15-49.
- Pakistan 2012: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Pakistan 2017: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Rwanda 2010: All women age 15-49.
- Rwanda 2014: All women age 15-49.
- Uganda 2006: All women age 15-49.
- Uganda 2011: All women age 15-49.
- Uganda 2016: All women age 15-49.