Codes and Frequencies
DIABETES indicates whether the respondent has diabetes.
The related variable DIABETESDIAG indicates whether the respondent has ever been diagnosed with diabetes.
Comparability — Index
Apart from universe differences and slight differences in question wording, DIABETES is largely comparable across samples. Samples with distinctive question wording are noted below.
Comparability - Standard DHS
DIABETES is a country-specific variable, and it is not included in any phase of the standard DHS questionnaire.
Comparability — Niger [top]
The 2012 Niger survey asks, "In the past 12 months, have you suffered from ... diabetes?"
- Burundi 2016: All women age 15-49.
- India 2005: All women age 15-49.
- India 2015: All women age 15-49.
- Morocco 2003: Women age 15-49 who have ever been married.
- Niger 2012: All women age 15-49.
- Senegal 2010: All women age 15-49.