Codes and Frequencies
FCBADOTH indicates whether, in response to an open-ended question about why female circumcision should not continue (FCCONTINU (G119)), the respondent reported the practice should be discontinued because of some other reason. The meaning of "other" must be interpreted relative to the specific response categories included in a particular sample.
Apart from universe differences and slight differences in question wording, FCBADOTH has no comparability problems.
Comparability - Standard DHS
FCBADOTH is included in neither the standard DHS questionnaire nor in any of the three versions of the standard DHS module on female circumcision.
- Cote d'Ivoire 1998: Women age 15-49 who think FC should stop.
- Egypt 1995: Ever-married women age 15-49 who have heard of FC and think FC should stop.
- Mali 1995: All women age 15-49.
- Niger 1998: Women age 15-49 who think FC should stop.
- Nigeria 1999: Women age 10-49 who think FC should stop.
- Yemen 2013: Ever-married women age 15-49 who have heard of FC.