Codes and Frequencies
FCBADSEX indicates whether, in response to an open-ended question about why female circumcision should not continue (FCCONTINU (G119)), the respondent reported the practice should be discontinued because it prevents sexual satisfaction.
Comparability — Index
Apart from universe differences and slight differences in question wording, FCBADSEX has no comparability problems.
Comparability - Standard DHS
FCBADSEX is included in neither the standard DHS questionnaire nor in any of the three versions of the standard DHS module on female circumcision.
- Cote d'Ivoire 1998: Women age 15-49 who think FC should stop.
- Egypt 1995: Ever-married women age 15-49 who have heard of FC and think FC should stop.
- Mali 1995: All women age 15-49.
- Niger 1998: Women age 15-49 who think FC should stop.
- Nigeria 1999: Women age 10-49 who think FC should stop.