Codes and Frequencies
HCFPUBDRUG (V762BG) indicates whether the woman reported a public dispensary as a source for female condoms.
Comparability — Index
Along with universe differences, HCFPUBDRUG (V762BG) has some contextual factors regarding question wording that should be noted by researchers. This survey context broadly applies to the "source for female condom" series. For discussion of this topic, see the comparability section of HCFDK.
The responses in HCFPUBDRUG are generally worded as "dispensary" or "government dispensary," and the category is consistently organized under the "public sector" header in the survey.
Comparability - Standard DHS
An open-ended question on known sources for female condoms is included in the standard DHS questionnaire in Phases IV forward. However, HCFPUBDRUG is country-specific and not part of the standard DHS questionnaire.
Comparability — Chad [top]
The 2014 Chad survey lists this category as "Hospital/health center pharmacy."
- Chad 2014: All women age 15-49.
- Kenya 2008: All women age 15-49.
- Kenya 2014: Women age 15-49 in households selected for the long questionnaire.
- Senegal 2010: All women age 15-49.
- Senegal 2012: All women age 15-49.
- Senegal 2014: All women age 15-49.
- Senegal 2015: All women age 15-49.
- Senegal 2016: All women age 15-49.
- Tanzania 2004: All women age 15-49.
- Tanzania 2010: All women age 15-49.