Codes and Frequencies
NAUTOWASHYN indicates whether the household has a non-automatic washing machine. The question was asked as "Does your household have any other washing machine?" and followed a question asking if the household had an automatic washing machine. The related variable WASHERYN reports answers to a general question about whether the household had a washing machine.
The information in NAUTOWASHYN is taken from the household record, linked to the record of the woman respondent. This information applies to household residents, not temporary visitors, so researchers may wish to exclude visitors using the RESIDENT variable (with visitors coded "2").
- Egypt 1995: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Egypt 2000: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Egypt 2003: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Egypt 2005: Ever-married women age 15-49.
- Egypt 2008: Ever-married women age 15-49.